Terms of Service
By ordering the Film Budgeteers service, you agree to the following terms
#1 The budget we provide is a starting point; not the finish line
Our budget tool is designed to be as simple as possible while asking the most relevant questions in order to dial in as accurate a budget as possible, but the budget we provide you is not intended to be 100% perfectly tailored around every last detail about your film. To provide that, we would need to break down and line your screenplay, create a detailed prep-, post- and production schedule, and engage in key discussions with not only your producers, but your director and all department heads. That’s why the budget we recommend you order is one that includes an editable version. That way, if you need to get as accurate as possible, you can do it yourself or have a line producer help you.
#2 Our budgeting tool doesn’t ask what specific unions you’d like to use
The budget we provide is as detailed as we can make it while making the process as simple as possible for all users. As a result, the budgeting tool does not ask you what unions you need to include. Instead, it makes assumptions as to what unions you’ll be using based upon the budget amount you’re budgeting for. That being said, if you order the Excel version of your budget, you may customize your budget upon download using whatever specific union rates you’d like to enter manually.
#3 Your budget’s specific expenses scale with the budget amount you enter
Whether or not your budget includes unions. how much we budget for casting, camera department, etc. all depends on not only what you enter for the budget amount you’re going for, but on what answers you give during the budgeting tool.
#4 Our calculations and formulas are proprietary
For the bulk of your budget, how we do calculate totals is very clear just by looking at your budget. But there are a few key formulas that are proprietary, and make up the core of the Film Budgeteers process. While we love to help, we simply cannot provide all of our formulas along with your final budget. If you’re not comfortable with that, we understand, but we ask that you might want to not use our service if that’s the case.
#5 Refund Policy
1. Processing fees levied by our credit card processor will not be refunded.
2. Refunds are not available for our lifetime access or credit purchases.
3. You are not entitled to a refund simply because you believe our budget is inaccurate.
AFFILIATE PROGRAM POLICY
Payments are made via Paypal every first week of the month for all referred purchases made in the previous month.
There is no sales threshold to reach before affiliates are paid.
We reserve the right to deny the approval/activation of any affiliate account.
1) Prohibited websites: We do not allow promotion from any site we prefer to not be associated with. These include, but are not limited to: coupon websites, adult-themed websites, sites that promote sexually explicit materials, violence, discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age, sites that promote illegal activities, link farms, spammy link pages, sites that incorporate any materials which infringe or help others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other IP rights or sites that in any way violate the law, or is otherwise in any other way unlawful, threatening, harmful, defamatory, obscene, harassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion.
Other Prohibited methods of promoting our website:
1) Spamming in any way, whether that’s via email or any other medium (we reserve the right to define “spamming.” and sending unsolicited commercial mail or email of any type.
2) Misrepresenting your identity in any way
3) Being deceptive in any way
4) Posting in forums or communities or other outlets which explicitly prohibit commercial posts and/or affiliate posts.
5) Any software, addon, popup, or popunder or similar mechanism designed to trick customers or writes your affiliate tracking code/cookie to their device without them clicking on a non-deceptive link.
This website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide specific commercial, financial, tax, or legal advice. It is provided to you solely for your own personal, non-commercial use and not for purposes of resale, distribution, public display or performance, or any other uses by you in any form or manner whatsoever. Unless otherwise indicated on this website, you may display, download, archive, and print a single copy of any information on this website, or otherwise distributed from Film Budgeteers for such personal, non-commercial use.
The performance of this website and all information contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website are provided to you on an AS IS basis, without warranties of any kind whatsoever, including any express or implied warranties or warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy or non-infringement of the rights of third parties. Film Budgeteers shall be not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, Internet access providers, computer equipment, software, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer as a result of using this website.
Film Budgeteers reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, disable access to or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of this website or any information contained thereon without liability or notice to you.
As a visitor to our website, you acknowledge and agree that any reliance on or use by you of any information available on this website shall be entirely at your own risk. In no event shall Film Budgeteers be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or exemplary damages arising from the use or the performance of this website, even if Film Budgeteers has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
You acknowledge and agree that, by providing us with your name and email address on the entry page of this website, you have subscribed to an e-mail newsletter. This e-mail newsletter is offered as a free service by Film Budgeteers, without cost or obligation. Should you wish to unsubscribe at any time from this free newsletter, you may do so by clicking on the unsubscribe link found at the bottom of the newsletter, or by notifying us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. On occasion, subscribers have had trouble removing themselves from this free newsletter. If you encounter any similar difficulties, please contact us at email@example.com for personal attention.
By entering this website, you agree that you have opted-in to receive our newsletter by providing your first name and email address on our website, and agree that you will make no threats or take any action against Film Budgeteers in the event you are unhappy with the content contained in our newsletter or that you subscribed or are not able to remove yourself from the mailing list, and you agree that the small inconvenience of receiving this newsletter will cause you no personal, emotional, or financial harm whatsoever.
Confidentiality and Transmissions over the Internet
User Conduct and Obligations
You agree to follow all applicable laws and regulations when using this website. Furthermore, you agree that you shall not:
upload, post or otherwise transmit through or to this website any content that: is unlawful, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, lewd, offensive, defamatory or otherwise objectionable; might infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, rights of publicity, or other proprietary rights of others; contains any viruses, Trojan horses, time bombs, or any other harmful programs or elements;
- disrupt, place unreasonable burdens or excessive loads on, interfere with or attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of our website, its computer systems, servers or networks;
- provide false information about yourself to us, impersonate any other person, or otherwise attempt to mislead others about your identity or the origin of any content, message or other communication;
- transmit junk mail, chain letters, or other unsolicited bulk e-mail or duplicative messages;
- attempt to collect information about visitors to our website or otherwise attempt to extract data or data fields, including without limitation any credit card information or e-mail addresses;
- sell access to or the use of this website, including any content contained on, downloaded or accessed from this website, except as specifically permitted in writing by Film Budgeteers; and
- redistribute, without our specific written consent, any content found on this website in any manner whatsoever including by means of printed publication, fax broadcast, web pages, e-mail, web newsgroups or forums, or any other electronic or paper-based service or method.
Indemnification by User
Third Party Websites, Content and Products and Services
You acknowledge and agree that your business dealings with any third parties, including any merchants or advertisers, found on, or accessed through our website and any of their services, including payment for and delivery of any goods and services, are solely as between you and such third parties. If Film Budgeteers provides access to third party providers of goods and/or services, you acknowledge and agree that we may receive referral fees and/or other compensation from such third parties. You acknowledge that we assume no responsibility whatsoever for any charges, losses or liabilities you may incur when making purchases or completing transactions with such third parties, and we shall not be responsible or liable in any way for any loss or damage of any kind which you may incur as a result of, or in connection with, any dealings or transactions with such third parties. Furthermore, Film Budgeteers assumes no responsibility for any content which you may find on sites that link either to or from us, including (without limitation) the accuracy of the information found on these sites, the compliance (or lack thereof) with any legal requirements applicable to these sites and for any viruses or other harmful programs that may be contained on these sites, nor is Film Budgeteers responsible should any site contain content or links to other sites that you may find offensive.
By accessing third party services through our website, you hereby authorize such third party service provides to provide Film Budgeteers with personal information regarding your use of and your activities with respect to the purchase and use of third party services and/or goods.
Proprietary and Intellectual Property Rights
“FILM BUDGETEERS” as well as the stylized versions of these terms and the logo(s) associated with them, and the other identifying trade and/or service marks of Film Budgeteers and its affiliates are and shall remain the exclusive property of Film Budgeteers, and any unauthorized use of these marks is unlawful. Other trademarks that may be displayed on this website are the property of their respective owners. All content on this website is the copyrighted property of Film Budgeteers and is protected by international copyright law.
Our policy is to comply with all applicable intellectual property laws with respect to any content that we may post on this website. If you believe that your work has been reproduced on this website in a manner that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a notice (which may be submitted electronically) containing all of the following information:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner for the purposes of the complaint.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
Identification of the material on our website that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
The address, telephone number or e-mail address of the complaining party.
A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
A statement, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notice of copyright infringement is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the right that is allegedly infringed.
All notices of copyright infringement should be sent to:
3371 Glendale Boulevard #159
Los Angeles CA 90039
Please note that we are only able to correspond in English.